Saturday, September 28, 2013

Tinkerbell

Saturday's are our days off! The days pass by slowly, yet quickly with our daily schedules. So, when we went into town yesterday to do a prayer walk around Port Townsend, I was praying for the town with my companions, and at the same time I was thinking that I could not wait to simply explore the town. So today, all of us girls decided that it was our time to explore the town while the guys wanted to stay on base and watch the football game. 
       Walking into a coffee shop this morning that overlooked the ocean, I knew I could start my mornings there writing or having quiet time overlooking the sea. We then stopped into a store to look around and take pictures in a photo booth. The man working there called me, "Tinkerbell," it made my friends and I laugh as I sat on one of their laps and us girls all tried to cuddle into the little booth. Whether it was the bookstore where we could hear the ocean waves behind us, or trying the pumpkin ice cream my heart is 100% in Port Townsend, Washington. It's not just the good places to eat or the fun shops that really make me smile it's knowing that through our prayers we believe that our God can change this town into a place where the locals can rest in the joy of the Lord as their strength. 
     Last night, a few of us went for a walk down by the sea across from our base. It was breathtaking to watch for the first time in my life a lighthouse reflect it's bright light over the water and the mist slowly rise up as well. We laughed together, exchanged flowers, and a couple of them refused to tell us their middle names. Through all this time being here, I have been able to take a deep breath as I rest in Jesus fully, knowing that this is exactly where He wants me to be, knowing more of His love and growing deeper with Him. 
          
       
        

No comments:

Post a Comment