Saturday, October 5, 2013

Mighty to Save

Yesterday, was one of my classmates 18th birthday. After a full day of class, local outreach and other activities a different friend and I had taken a walk by the ocean, came back to the base and were talked into playing a game of frisbee. After this, someone suggested playing tag. It was so fun to run around in the big field in front of the campus and act like little kids again! This was also a funny way to end this friend's 18th birthday! While chasing each other, someone eventually got out the hoola-hoops a jump rope and each new activity brought out a new challenge. Challenges like: To see who could hoola-hoop or jump rope the longest, or jump through the hoola-hoop and land on their feet. Playing in the field with whatever we could find seemed like a great way to end a great week of learning and a good beginning for the weekend. 
      One of the most comforting concepts that I have been able to grasp is that although I've heard it over and over again, is the truth that our God is Mighty to Save. I have really come to grips with this reality more than ever through my time in Washington thus far. It has especially hit me during our time of worship together before class as we sing it out, or during a local outreach on Friday's. Together, we can all walk in the reality that our God can save the smallest and biggest in this world and as I am in this relaxing coffeeshop writing, I can know the truth that together we can whisper, "Shine your light and let the whole world see, we're singing for the glory of the Risen King!" May the lyrics to this song be forever whispered on your lips and lived out through whatever atmosphere we find ourselves in. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Amelia. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "Ameila's YWAM Adventures" and the post on it "Mighty to Save".Yes our God is a mighty God to save. Well I just would like to share with you an opportunity you can pray about to go to Mumbai, India on a short term missions trip to work with us in the slums of MUMBAI amongst poorest of poor. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in this great city of MUMBAI a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai to work with us during their summer vacation. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your summer vacation. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. In the past I have used YWAM Teams from States to reach out to the poorest of poor through mercy ministries.I would love to hear from you. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankihede

    ReplyDelete