Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Blessings

It's rare when I actually recognize a blessing for what it's worth. Usually, it takes me at least a week or two to see it and then I am in awe at what took place. This will be my last week at home before I head for Washington next week and I'd like to name a few blessings for you readers that have caught me by surprise on these last few days at home. 
      Minnesota will always be home, I have many certain spots of this state that are both near and dear to my heart. One of them being the Shoreview YMCA, where I work at a daycare. I have both loved and found it challenging working there. I've been challenged by it when the baby I'm holding is screaming in my ears and just wants to be held by their mommy, and I am grateful for the co-workers who I clean up with, do puzzles and talk about life with when we are waiting for the next group of kids to check into the room. I am grateful for this job and for the life skills that I didn't even realize that I was developing until I looked back and thought, "Wow I really did get that baby to stop crying and I was able to sit and play Candy Land with those two adorable little boys!" I miss this job already and look forward to working there again when I return from Washington and my outreach.
       I have had the amazing blessing of friends. Last weekend I went to an event called the "Awakening," a student led worship event at Concordia Academy high school. It was an extended Awakening which meant that there was pizza, we played sardines, and were there until 11 p.m. worshiping the Lord. I laugh so hard when I am around a few of my good friends, one of whom I got to know better and am so glad I did. I loved looking around and seeing how diverse the student body and those of us graduates who returned are from one another. I loved taking a deep breath and watching the underclassmen worship, in awe of their smiles, sometimes occasional tears, and deep affection for the Lord. 
          To my Minnesota friends, I will always be grateful for the good times that have happened and the few more times that we'll be having together before I leave next week. I'm so grateful for those of you who have taken time out of your day to spend time with me. Whether it's been going to the Tea Garden, paddle boarding, hanging out at my house or going to the Awakening I am so happy to look back on the memories that I have made with each of you. I hope to have one of my next posts be written about my first few days  in Washington and how I am adjusting to this new chapter in my life. Whether it's the time zone, making new friends or who our speaker is for the first week I hope to keep you all informed about this next chapter. Thank you supporters, friends and family for all that you have done in my life. There will be 12 of us going on this adventure (interesting number, huh?), please pray for good chemistry for our team that we would love each other laugh together and cry together. I also ask that you would continue to also pray for open hearts for all of us in regards to what God is going to do in each of our lives over the next 6 months, and that we would be receptive to all of the teaching and have great expectations as to what God is going to do during our outreach phase as well. To close, I want to share with you a verse that made me smile as I thought about God carrying me, Isaiah 46:3-10, "Listen to me descendants of Jacob, all you who remain in Israel. I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime-until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you, To whom will you compare me? Who is my equal? Some people pour out their silver and gold and hire a craftsman to make a god from it. Then they bow down and worship it! They carry it around on their shoulders and when they set it down, it stays there. It can't even move! And when someone prays to it, there is no answer. It can't rescue anyone from trouble. Do not forget this! Keep it in mind! Remember the things I have done in the past. For I alone am God! Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to past, for I do whatever I wish."

No comments:

Post a Comment