Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Take a Moment

This morning I woke up, for some reason, as I was lying in bed and I got up to make myself breakfast all I could think about, was how much I wanted to write. Sitting at my kitchen table, sipping my coffee, I am reminded quite vividly of a time in Kolkata, India, worshiping on a rooftop with another YWAM team, from Perth, Australia. I woke up with this image in my head. Two teams from two different countries getting together to worship over one nation. Kolkata, is crazy, unlike anywhere I can begin to describe of where I have traveled before. What keeps hitting me about this situation, of our two teams worshiping on the roof was the lyrics to the song we were singing, "Take a Moment," the lyrics that keep hitting me as I remember raising my hand and proclaiming this over the city were, "Take a moment to remember, who God is and who I am. There you go lifting my load again. Your lifting my load. Your lifting my load. Your lifting my load. Your lifting my load. His yoke is easy, His burden is so light."

As I lay awake in bed this morning, all I could think about was, "If God can use two teams to come together in worship, from two different sides of the world, and sing a song about God taking our burdens, can't I believe that here in America, He can easily lift my own load too?" Why is it so easy to proclaim this over a city, but sometimes more difficult to believe in the day to day schedules? Its what I choose to believe. That He can lift my load of studying, cleaning the house for people to come and setting up meetings to go back to work. If He can easily lift an entire load of a nation because He is God, than why is it we try to carry these burdens of daily living by ourselves?  Today, I choose to let God lift my burdens instead of trying to carry them all on my own. If He so longs to lift the load of an entire nation, imagine how joyful it makes Him for one person to step out in faith to believe He can carry their load. 

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." -Mathew 11:28, The Message.  

No comments:

Post a Comment