Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Taking a Bath

So, for all you who like to sing in the shower...every afternoon as we would gather in the small village church in southeast Asia, for worship or intercession we would hear one of the teachers walking down to the river to bathe and he would be singing at the top of his lungs, unashamed! It was often my favorite part of the day, because no matter how exhausted we were from hard labor in the morning we would be in the presence of Jesus and then get to laugh at that familiar voice singing in his own language every day as he walked down to the river to take a bath! 

The other day I was working out at the YMCA on the mat and the woman beside me was humming to whatever music she was listening to on her iPod. It made me stop for a minute and turn my head to look at her. I had music playing from my own iPod, but isn't it interesting how often we turn our heads in America to the sound of music coming from someone's lips, unless it's on a concert stage? It took me back to the teacher going to bathe in the river and made me happy to think of people who just aren't afraid to sing! Whether its your shower or stretching on a mat, whatever your element, "I will sing and make music with all my soul. Awake, harp and lyre! I will awake the dawn. I will praise you, Lord among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples." Psalm 108:1-3 Whatever helps you praise Him the most, please do that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment