Thursday, May 15, 2014

Junkyard or Art?

Words cannot do it justice compared to the feeling of your toes sinking in the sand, or hearing the waves crashing on the shore or the familiar laughter of the hippies talking about their latest adventure! I spent the evening in Port Townsend and there is truly no place like it, at least none that I could begin to think of! If you have walked the streets of this small town or even driven through it you might get a glimpse of the uniqueness and simplicity of this town, but something that really caught my eye today, as I sat talking to a couple of friends of mine was the display to my left. I'm not even going to try to describe it to you because it is just simply a weird kind of beautiful! I couldn't make up my mind to try to decide about whether it looked like a lot of junk or art! I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to make up my mind about the endless possibilities that I could try to think of, of what to name this place. I think there are some places that God puts us in where we are simply meant to be and dwell there. I wouldn't be surprised if during Jesus' time on earth that this would have been one of his favorite hang out places to simply be and dwell amongst the people. He saw the beauty and weirdness of humanity and that was His favorite place to be right in the middle of it all:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment