Monday, April 14, 2014

Plan to be Surprised (Part 2)





There was never a part 1, to the last blog post, but do we ever plan on having a part 1 and 2 when it comes to being surprised? I've made a decision to return to YWAM and part of that next step will be me leaving in two weeks, to fly back out for an internship that I will be doing on the West Coast. 
       I was recently asked the question, "What makes you come alive?" Think about it. It took me awhile to, because whether I am at home, at a friends, or traveling to a foreign country, so many things can make me smile and thankful to be alive! I think the key that I realized to unlocking my heart to come alive, was when I had this mini revelation yesterday. Sitting, on the favorite corner of my couch I turned to my dad and said, "Dad, I think I just had this mini revelation. I am so blessed. I have been given so much and I don't ever want to take this life for granted, but when I think about how much I've been given it also makes me think of how much I have to give!" This is what unlocks my heart to come alive, the willingness to lay it all down. 
       "I want to love with much more abandon and stop waiting for others to love me first. I want to hurl myself at a creative work worthy of God. I want to follow Peter as he followed Christ out onto the sea, pray from my hearts true desire. Life is not a problem to be solved, but an adventure to be lived." -John Eldredge, Wild at Heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment