Friday, November 15, 2013

Acceptance

What does acceptance mean to you? Since being in Washington, God has taught me more of the meaning behind acceptance. Acceptance of who He has designed me to be, or acceptance of other people and how He's designed them. I've posted a few things on Facebook, asking for prayer requests about getting a cold, I'm  much better now and through being sick God taught me a deeper level of acceptance.
        I like to think of myself as an independent person. It was hard for me to let things go as I got more sick and I had to let other people do things for me. Towards the beginning of this past week God reminded me that it was my job to be outrageously loved, this is my first primary occupation in life and its yours too! He calls us the Beloved, because we were created to Be-Loved. Whether it was someone taking my dishes, lending me their hat to wear, giving me cough drops to suck on or a drink of vitamin C, I was touched by my family's kindness to me and through this process of getting better God taught me to be gracious, let go and receive with gratitude. 
         Thank you for your prayers! My prayer for you is that you may be able to grasp where you are His acceptance for you in how He designed you to be and that hopefully it won't take being sick for you to be able to let go and receive with gratitude! 

No comments:

Post a Comment